- members of EUCTL and their staff,
- representatives of companies which are part of the national associations members of EUCTL,
- contractual partners,
- people who have expressed an interest in EUCTL and its activities (e.g. contacting the a.i.s.b.l. by contact form on the website or registering to events we organise),
- people that EUCTL engages with, in the framework of its mission and activities.
2. Personal data we collect/process and how we use it
- If you participate in EUCTL activities representing one of its members: we will collect information about you, namely your name, position, employer, work address and phone number (fixed and/or mobile); or any other data (e.g. personal mobile number or mailing address) that you provide to us voluntarily.
We will use these information to allow EUCTL to organise its services to members (e.g. prepare working group lists and meetings; information on membership and activities; information on technical, regulatory, economic and policy developments relevant for companies, etc.).
- If you are part of an organisation or a company having a contractual relationship with EUCTL, we will collect the following data: name, position, employer, work address and phone number (fixed and/or mobile); or any other data (e.g. personal mobile number or mailing address) that you provide to us voluntarily.
EUCTL will use your personal data to fulfill the rights and obligations of that contractual relationship.
- If you are a person who contacted or has been contacted by EUCTL in the framework of its mission and activities (e.g. national, European, international or public servants; national or European parliamentarians and their assistants; interest representatives, etc.), we will collect the following data: name, position, email, address, and other relevant contact details.
EUCTL will use your data to send you information and positions connected to the sectors it represent and to develop further activities and projects aimed at fulfilling its mission to defend the interests of companies.
- If you register to attend an event organised by EUCTL, we will: access your data in our database if you are a member; if you are not a member, collect your name, position, organisation and contact details that you voluntarily provided to us.
We will store your data and manage it for the purposes of the event. For certain events, participants will receive a simplified list of participants, giving the name, surname and organisation of the participants.
- If you will participate in a EUCTL event as a speaker, we will collect your name, position, organisation, bio, photo to store your data and manage it for the purposes of the event.
- If you have corresponded with us by any form of communication(e.g. email, contact form on website), we will use the data you have provided us in this to respond to you or to keep a record of our correspondence.
3. Transmission of your data to third parties
EUCTL does not sell personal data.
In certain cases, your personal data can be transferred to a third party, namely:
- to the competent authorities or any other legal entities to fulfil legal obligations or for purposes of law enforcement; or
- in case of a joint event, to the co-organiser or supporting partner; or
- for other purposes, if you consent to it.
4. How do we keep your data safe?
We take all measures necessary – organisational and technical – to make sure your data remains protected against data breaches (e.g. unauthorised access, alterations or disclosures; unlawful or accidental destruction or loss). EUCTL staff is made aware of the importance of data protection and is trained to follow the appropriate steps to respect privacy, confidentiality and security of your personal data.
5. What happens in the case of a data breach?
In the case of a data breach we will use all technical and organisational means available to contain and eliminate the breach. We apply the latest technological standards (e.g. firewall, encryption, etc.) to make sure the risk of breaches is minimised.
7. How long does EUCTL keep your personal data?
EUCTL keeps your data for as long as your relationship with EUCTL persists (e.g. if you are a member or a contractual party). This is without prejudice to specific limitation periods foreseen by law allowing to conserve personal data for longer periods of time.
8. What are your rights?
- You have the right to access your personal data;
- You have the right to rectify, complete or update your data if they are inaccurate;
- You may also request the transfer of your personal data to another entity;
- You have the right to request that we cease using your data for direct marketing purposes (e.g. subscription to newsletter or information on events);
- Subject to some exceptions, you may request us to erase your data, cease to process them or withdraw your consent. If you decide to do so you may no longer benefit from our services;
Date: December 2021